As a regional branch of the largest and only national GM car dealership in South Africa, Williams Hunt Bellville has a long, proud heritage within the South African automotive sales industry.
The history of the Williams Hunt brand dates back all the way to 1886 when budding entrepreneur Henry Hunt arrived from London at the dawn of the gold and diamond boom. The original Williams Hunt dealership began in Johannesburg in 1903, starting as a bicycle shop. Opened by Londoner Henry Hunt and a partner, this humble shop would go on to become a force to be reckoned with – first in the growth of the ‘Indian Motorcycle’, and later with the advent of the automobile. A visit to America however would change the course of history, leading Henry Hunt to bring the Chevrolet 490 to South Africa in 1918. The relationship with the Chevrolet brand would go on to prosper, with additional General Motors brands Opel and Isuzu joining the franchise.
Today, there are Williams Hunt branches located in Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, William Moffat, Uitenhage, Durban, Midrand, Randburg, Southdale, Fourways, Pretoria and Kroonstad. While the dealership may have changed a lot over the years, the same dedicated to innovation, customer service and quality brands such as Opel, Isuzu and Chevrolet has remained, making Williams Hunt Cape Town a dealership that stands the test of time.